It’s hard to believe, but after being here at Gordon for nearly 2 years now… I had not yet been to a Gordon College Hockey Game… until this past Monday.

On Monday, a few of the girls from my apartment and I drove to Hockeytown, USA located in Saugus, Mass. It is about a 25 minute drive from Gordon and is located right on Route 1.

Every year, Gordon students form a Hockey Club and compete in the New England Senior Hockey League. Gordon Faculty member Chris Imming is the Head Club Ice Hockey Coach and this year has been doing a great job coaching the guys and girls! Their record is currently 7 wins, 3 losses, and 2 ties.

We got there a little bit after the game began and were able to see the Fighting Scots pull a 3-1 win over the Cambridge Fire. I’ve been ice skating before, but I was so impressed with the guys and girls skating ability! They were able to stop on a dime and seriously speed across the rink! It was amazing.

For some reason, it didn’t quite click with the girls and I that the rink would be pretty chilly! forgot By the end of the game, we were shivering and quite ready to leave. The temperature difference from inside the arena to the outside air was so drastic, that when we walked out… it literally felt like it was in the 70’s outside!

So while this was my first hockey game here at Gordon, I’m sure it won’t be my last! The energy and the win did enough to make me want to go again!